On Longing

 



"The Body is the primarily made of perceiving scale"


It's weird to think how much my sister and I have grown in a few years. We could hide away in a cardboard box, be surrounded in it, be a little more carefree. We don't have that luxury anymore.




"The Souvenir sparks to a moment of origin, through a language of longing, for it is not an object arising out of need or use of value"

Loki is my youngest dog, he's about 10. Obviously I don't think of him as an object but not a day goes by where I don't miss him. My mom tells me he's just the same. Just four more weeks until I can see him again.



"The Souvenir reduces the public, the momental, and the three dimensional into the miniature, that which can be developed by the body."

The man's name is Henry but I grew up calling him Jun Jun. The nene there is Luke, his baby and technically my god nephew. When I first met him he was fascinated by my hair and I could easily cover him with my body. It's been a few months, I likely still can when I see him again. I likely still will when he gets older, as Henry will do just the same. 



"To have a souvenir of the exotic is to possess both a specimen and a trophy"

This is one of the few photos I have of my family all together, well most my other dog is hiding away somewhere. This is an exotic souvenir to me, I hope it's not the last I collect. 




"The place of origin remain unavailable in order for desire to be generated"

I miss the sunsets the most when I'm away from home. I'm 967 miles from home, a 2+ place ride away, a 14 hour drive away and it always feels like a little too much. I look back at these images I have from home, because my memory is all but lost to me, and I know I have something waiting for me. 















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Scent Calling home (Relief Sculpture)

Mana (Memento)

Dove and the Lamb (Visual Symbols)